A. The Promoter desires to offer a Prize to ten (10) Eligible Entrants each selected as a Winner of the Promotion.
B. Each Winner will receive one (1) Prize.
C. The Promotion is a game of chance and no permit is required.
1. In these Terms:
Eligible Entrant means an individual:
a) aged 18 years or over;
b) who is a resident of an Australian state or territory;
c) who ‘follows’ the WeChat Account;
d) who enters into the Promotion subject to these Terms; and
e) who is not, as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter: an employee of the Promoter; an employee of any company associated with the Promoter or the Promotion; or a family member or spouse of such an aforementioned employee.
Entry means an entry into the Promotion, subject to and in accordance with these Terms, submitted by an Eligible Entrant during the Promotion Period and received by the Promoter within the Promotion Period.
Prize means Easter Eggs, valued at approximately AUD $15$ (exclusive of GST), which is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Promoter means La Trobe Financial Services Pty Limited ABN 30 006 479 527 of Level 25, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Promotion means the game of chance advertised on the WeChat Account by the Promoter, offering Eligible Entrants the opportunity to win a Prize.
Promotion Period means the period of 10:00am AEST on Monday 3 April 2023 until such time as ten (10) individuals have been selected as a Winner, however, until no later than 5:00pm AEST on Friday 7 April 2023.
Selected Entrant means an individual who has been selected, from random draw, as a winner of the Prize in the Promotion.
Terms means this document, setting out the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Promotion.
WeChat Account means the La Trobe Financial account on the social media platform WeChat.
Winner means an Eligible Entrant who has been drawn as a Selected Entrant pursuant to these Terms.
2. To submit an Entry into the enter the Promotion, an entrant must :
a) Be an Eligible Entrant;
b) Click on the QR Code to access the corresponding webpage;
c) Follow the WeChat Account; and
d) Provide their name, residential State in Australia and contact number, to enable them to be contacted if they are drawn as a Selected Entrant and Winner.
3. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
4. Each entrant is:
a) responsible for ensuring their familiarity with these Terms; and
b) permitted to submit no more than one (1) Entry into the Promotion.
5. When submitting an Entry, an entrant will immediately be notified if they have been drawn as a Selected Entrant.
6. The Promoter will subsequently:
a) confirm if the Selected Entrant is an Eligible Entrant, and therefore a Winner; and
b) contact each Winner by telephone call within 5 business days of the end of the Promotion Period, to arrange for the Prize to be posted to the nominated Australian residential address of the Winner. The cost of postage will be borne by the Promoter.
7. In the event that the Selected Entrant is not, or is unable to be confirmed as, an Eligible Entrant, that individual shall have no entitlement to a Prize whatsoever and their Entry shall be deemed null and void.
8. To the extent permissible by law, the Promoter excludes all liability for:
a) any and all loss and/or damage incurred, including, but not limited to, any indirect or consequential loss;
b) any personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with an Entry, the Prize, or participation in the Promotion; and
c) any personal injury or death suffered as a result of consumption of the Prize, including but not limited to any injury resulting from any food safety or allergen issues.
9. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes, modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties or consumer protections provided by the laws of the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
10. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability however so arising (including as a result of negligence) for any personal injury, death, or loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with the Promotion.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a Prize and any costs incurred by Eligible Entrants in entering the Promotion are to be borne by the Eligible Entrant.
12. The Promoter, subject to any relevant Australian legislation, reserves the right in its sole discretion to: refuse to accept an Entry; disqualify any Entry; or disqualify any entrant or Eligible Entrant.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of an Entry and the identity of any Selected Entrant or Winner;
14. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any late, or misdirected entries into the Promotion. All Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the Entry by the Promoter. The Promoter, subject to relevant Australian State or Territory legislation, assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of any Entry.
15. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree and acknowledge that:
a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the Promotion;
c) the Promoter will not use the entrants’ Personal Information to contact them for marketing purposes;
d) if the Personal Information requested is not provided, or the entrant does not consent to their Personal Information being used for the above primary purpose, the entrant will be unable to enter or will be disqualified from the Promotion.
16. If for any reason the Promotion does not run for its duration, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.